Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pepper Crusted Rib eye Steak and Hasselback Potatoes


In our last lesson I worked on my butchering skills, I bought a nice piece of rib eye steak. It was heavenly. We cook one steak in class, and the rest I brought home. Needless to say I have been enjoying great meals this week.
We also worked on a great Pinot Noir Sauce with Portabella Mushrooms, and a tomato sauce for the chef’s class the next day. Both sauces were delicious and not too difficult to make, although they took a long time to reduce. We then worked on the Hasselback potatoes, those were my favorite, I bought red bliss potatoes, garlic, salt and pepper. They are amazingly easy to make but very tasty.
I can proudly report that I ate broccoli rabe, (me, hater of all things green) it was surprisingly moist and delicious. We cooked them in the oven, with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Overall the meal was fantastic and I got to practice my knife, butchering, and sauces skills. I have no class this Saturday but will be helping my sister with an event she is putting together for her church (I will be slaving away all day, more on that after the event).

See a picture below of the whole meal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment